Today I would like to share a really cool strategy with you on how to get more traffic to your website. The strategy takes about 5-10 minutes to implement and is very likely to convert into sales.
When I first heard about this technique, I thought: “That’s an old hat – I already tried this 10 years ago and it doesn’t really help to get more traffic to your website!” And I’m almost sure you will think the same, but please keep on reading.
So, without further delay: The traffic strategy I wanted to share with you is about forum posting.
Disappointed? I would not blame you. Can you really get more traffic to your website by posting on forums? But, it is not just about forum posting (we all tried this and we all know it doesn’t really work very well), it’s about doing forum posting with a twist.
I tried this technique and it actually works very well (if done properly). It allowed me to get quite a bit of traffic to my website and to generate a few product sales with less than 10 minutes of work.
Ok, I will quickly lay out the strategy for you and then we’ll look at the details:
- Take one of your articles or blog posts… and copy/paste it into a new forum thread (of course, the subjects discussed on the forum must correspond with the topic of your article).
- Use a really captivating sig file that links to one of your sales pages (or to an affiliate offer).
And that’s all! Now, to make this work there are a few important things you need to get right:
- The most important element is the content of your article. You need to provide something of great VALUE! Something people are interested to discuss and talk about. Otherwise, this won’t work and you won’t be able to get a lot of traffic to your website.
- It’s always a good idea to add some contrarian viewpoints in order to get a lot of comments and viewers (traffic). Dare to challenge others with your opinions, step outside the “crowd mind” – this may get you hundreds of comments and tons of clicks on your sig file.
- Also, the thread headline is really important – do some research on the forum and find out what kind of headlines get a large number of visitors.
Here is an example post on the Warrior Forum that used this strategy and – it got hundreds of visitors within a few days and generated several sales:
This should give you an idea about the kind of quality that should be provided to make this work and to get more traffic to your website. I also like the headline and the signature of the post. And last but not least, you can also learn some interesting things from the post itself.
If you are a blogger or if you write articles on a regular basis, this strategy is really great – you simply re-purpose your already existing articles and in most cases you will get a few sales with less than 5-10 minutes of work.
On the other hand, if you are not used to writing articles or (good) blog posts on a regular basis, this strategy probably won’t bee all too appealing to you.
By the way, all credit for this really cool traffic strategy goes to Michael Young, the creator of “The Ultimate Free Traffic System” – a explains and demonstrates 12 different free traffic strategies.
If you are interested in the other 11 traffic strategies, you can check out Michael’s below:
I hope you enjoyed learning about this simple strategy and I’m sure it will allow you to not only get more traffic to your website, but also to generate some sales.