We all know, quality backlinks are still hugely important to get top rankings in Google – unfortunately it is either very time consuming or expensive to get those high-value backlinks…
…Unless you have the right strategy! Here is a great tip that will allow you to find a large number of .edu and .gov backlink opportunities for any niche and within seconds.
How? Simply use the “powers” of Google – it’s free and almost effortless.
Let’s assume you have a website about cat care and you want to find some quality .edu backlinks to improve your rankings – without spending hours searching around and without paying anything.
Go to Google and use a search query like the following:
site:.edu inurl:blog “cats” -”posting closed” -”comments closed” “post a comment”
Let’s have a closer look at the query:
- site:.edu tells Google to find only .edu domains – you can also replace this with .gov
- inurl:blog tells Google to find pages that have the word “blog” in the url – those are typically the pages that allow you to leave a comment with a backlink
- Then comes your main keyword, for example: “cats”
- Then we tell Google that we don’t want any pages that contains the phrases “posting closed” or “comments closed”; this is because of the “-” before those phrases.
- And finally, we tell Google that we are only interested in pages that contain also the phrase “post a comment”
To find even more backlinks, you can modify the various phrases. For example, you could replace “post a comment” with “recent comments” or “leave a reply”…
If you like those kinds of tips and strategies, I highly recommend you take a closer look at Tim Shrieves G-Force Academy.
G-Force Academy is all about how you can get the most out of Google. It contains tons of great tips, strategies and resources on how to find quality backlinks without searching around all day long, you get all the little tips and tricks on how to benefit the most from Google Analytics, Google Website Optimizer… and all other Google tools.
You also get an in-depth look at Google + and how to use it properly in order to improve your rankings and there are tons of other great Google tips, most people never heard about.
With G-Force Academy you get an 82 page .pdf guide with lots of great tips on how to get the maximum out of Google. There is some very basic information, but also some really advanced tips and strategies only a few insiders know about.
For the very low price of only $7, I think it is an excellent deal – the single chapter on Google + is already easily worth the 7 bucks.